Apr 30, 2017 (Sunday)
Making A Positive Difference In The World
May 03, 2017 (Wednesday)
New Volunteer Orientation
May 06, 2017 (Saturday)
Meet and Greet at Mischief's Brewing
View all events »
Diamond DoveLearn more about Lark »
From the Blog
A volunteer asked me to do her a favor. Would I take a dog for just a day - a foster home would take her the following day. "No problem," was my answer. I’ll never forget the day my foster...
Wow...Ember looks especially striking getting a snuggle from a white tiger.View larger photo »
Giving Up a Pet
Before You Give Up a PetWhat you should know before you give your pet away.
- Don't give your pet away to a total stranger without either screening them yourself or having them screened by someone else especially if your pet is not spayed or neutered! We can assist you in prescreening potential owners so your pet goes into a loving home.
- You should be completely honest about all your animal's positive AND negative traits.
- If you have a purebred dog most breeds have a rescue organization that can help you in placing your pet. For dogs go to AKC.org. There are also rescue organizations for many other kinds of pets. Feel free to contact us and we will let you know if we know of a rescue group for your kind of pet.
- Do not place an ad in the newspaper offering to give your pet away for free. Always ask a fee because there are bad people in the world who do bad things to animals they obtain for free!
- It's important to realize that finding a GOOD home for your pet will take time and energy on your part. So please, for your pet's sake be patient.
- If you are in a crisis and must find a home for your pet immediately there may be a foster home available for him/her.
- Finally, are you sure you are making the right decision? Maybe a little training or education would help keep your pet with you.
Relinquish Request Form
We are dedicated to finding the best possible home for your animal. To do this effectively, we rely on you to provide us with accurate information.
Please note that we only have a limited amount of space and may not be able to take in your animal. Please see our Animal Rescue Directory for a list of other rescues in the area to contact as well.