Feb 28, 2017 (Tuesday)
Girl Scout Educational Program
Mar 01, 2017 (Wednesday)
New Volunteer Orientation
Mar 04, 2017 (Saturday)
Meet and Greet at Mischief's Brewing
View all events »
Petey is a laid back and super sweet chihuahua. He loves people of all ages and is fine with dogs too. He would be best suited for a home with a laid back dog like him or no...Learn more about Petey »
From the Blog
Saturday July 7 and Sunday July 8 come and visit us at Dog Days of Summer special event happening in downtown Libertville. We will have a booth there in Cook Park where we will sell t-shirts and bring some of...
Photo AlbumView larger photo »
Tara is a sweet and adorable puppy. We guess she will weigh 8-12 pounds full grown. We are looking for a home for her either that has another dog or willing to adopt her sibling Ashley. She...Learn more about Tara »
From the Blog
Like the burnt leaves of the fall season I was charred and brittle a deep red with major work burn out. I was counting the days to my week’s retreat. Far away (mentally anyway) from my home/business my vacation was...
WE CARE! Youth Club
Junior Youth Club: Ages 8-12
Teen Youth Club: Ages 13-17
- Give youth hands-on experience with animals
- Provide educational programs about animals of all kinds
- Adults mentor older youth, teaching them leadership skills and team building
- Older youth mentor younger youth, teaching them leadership skills and team building
- Through service projects and fundraisers teach youth how a non-profit organization runs
- To perform two service projects per year
- To organize two fundraisers per year
- To do two educational programs a year for younger children
- Attend the monthly informational meetings
- To assist in the different service projects as often as possible
- To have a positive attitude
- To put in 100% effort
Joining the Animal Education and Rescue Jr. or Teen Youth Club is a one-year commitment. We are looking for enthusiastic youth who love animals, want to learn more and help make life better for both animals and people.
We encourage all members to stay active for the entire year, build friendships, learn new skills and have lots of fun!
Membership dues are from November to November each year. The cost is $75/year, which includes a t-shirt (which must be worn at all meetings and events) and a snack at each meeting. If you join after April the cost is $40.00 from April to November.
We are also always looking for dynamic, forward thinking adults to help lead the club.
Meetings are held the first Sunday of each month from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at the Libertyville Civic Center. Please check our Events Calendar for any changes.
To apply for our Youth Club, fill out our Youth Club Volunteer Application [pdf].
One of our "Youth Club" Blog Entry
Friday, April 2 (from left) Nia, Amelia, Julia and Mariah (with AEAR's founder Sandy Kamen Wisniewski's grandson Danny in the center) spent the day going store to store telling over 30 business owners about the upcoming Candlelight Vigil scheduled for... (read more)