Feb 28, 2017 (Tuesday)
Girl Scout Educational Program
Mar 01, 2017 (Wednesday)
New Volunteer Orientation
Mar 04, 2017 (Saturday)
Meet and Greet at Mischief's Brewing
View all events »
Binky, a Chihuahua and terrier mix, came to live with AEAR over two years ago when her owners gave her up. Binky, we learned, would sometimes urinate while resting, not even realizing she was doing it. So we...Learn more about Binky »
From the Blog
Petey the poodle we just received need surgery to fix his broken leg.
AEAR volunteer Tim (holding the puppy) chats with people attending Woofstock.View larger photo »
Adoptable PetLearn more about Harietta »
From the Blog
Emergency Help Needed. You all know I pick very carefully when to reach out for help. Now is the time I need it. I received a call from a woman who has a ten-year-old toy poodle that is very sick. She...
WE CARE! Youth Club
Junior Youth Club: Ages 8-12
Teen Youth Club: Ages 13-17
- Give youth hands-on experience with animals
- Provide educational programs about animals of all kinds
- Adults mentor older youth, teaching them leadership skills and team building
- Older youth mentor younger youth, teaching them leadership skills and team building
- Through service projects and fundraisers teach youth how a non-profit organization runs
- To perform two service projects per year
- To organize two fundraisers per year
- To do two educational programs a year for younger children
- Attend the monthly informational meetings
- To assist in the different service projects as often as possible
- To have a positive attitude
- To put in 100% effort
Joining the Animal Education and Rescue Jr. or Teen Youth Club is a one-year commitment. We are looking for enthusiastic youth who love animals, want to learn more and help make life better for both animals and people.
We encourage all members to stay active for the entire year, build friendships, learn new skills and have lots of fun!
Membership dues are from November to November each year. The cost is $75/year, which includes a t-shirt (which must be worn at all meetings and events) and a snack at each meeting. If you join after April the cost is $40.00 from April to November.
We are also always looking for dynamic, forward thinking adults to help lead the club.
Meetings are held the first Sunday of each month from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at the Libertyville Civic Center. Please check our Events Calendar for any changes.
To apply for our Youth Club, fill out our Youth Club Volunteer Application [pdf].
One of our "Youth Club" Blog Entry
Sunday December 5 from 3-5 p.m. is our Youth Club Holiday Party. We will have a very special speaker. Susan Elliott, Animal Warden for Waukegan Animal Control, and her therapy dog Boz will talk to the kids all about her job... (read more)