Apr 30, 2017 (Sunday)
Making A Positive Difference In The World
May 03, 2017 (Wednesday)
New Volunteer Orientation
May 06, 2017 (Saturday)
Meet and Greet at Mischief's Brewing
View all events »
Kylie and his brother Charlie are available for adoption, ideally, together. Charlie is 108 pounds and Kylie is 100 pounds. The "boys,"as they are known by us, love each other and are very bonded. The dogs were purchased by...Learn more about Kylie »
From the Blog
Interesting phone call to share...I like to share phone calls I get so you get an idea of what we deal with on a daily basis. I don't have time to write specifically what was said but can summarize it.A...
Photo AlbumView larger photo »
Binky, a Chihuahua and terrier mix, came to live with AEAR over two years ago when her owners gave her up. Binky, we learned, would sometimes urinate while resting, not even realizing she was doing it. So we...Learn more about Binky »
From the Blog
Tomorrow evening beginning at 6:15 p.m. we have our NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION. If you have thought about volunteering the orientation would be a great way to check us out and see if we would be a good fit for you,...
WE CARE! Youth Club
Junior Youth Club: Ages 8-12
Teen Youth Club: Ages 13-17
- Give youth hands-on experience with animals
- Provide educational programs about animals of all kinds
- Adults mentor older youth, teaching them leadership skills and team building
- Older youth mentor younger youth, teaching them leadership skills and team building
- Through service projects and fundraisers teach youth how a non-profit organization runs
- To perform two service projects per year
- To organize two fundraisers per year
- To do two educational programs a year for younger children
- Attend the monthly informational meetings
- To assist in the different service projects as often as possible
- To have a positive attitude
- To put in 100% effort
Joining the Animal Education and Rescue Jr. or Teen Youth Club is a one-year commitment. We are looking for enthusiastic youth who love animals, want to learn more and help make life better for both animals and people.
We encourage all members to stay active for the entire year, build friendships, learn new skills and have lots of fun!
Membership dues are from November to November each year. The cost is $75/year, which includes a t-shirt (which must be worn at all meetings and events) and a snack at each meeting. If you join after April the cost is $40.00 from April to November.
We are also always looking for dynamic, forward thinking adults to help lead the club.
Meetings are held the first Sunday of each month from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at the Libertyville Civic Center. Please check our Events Calendar for any changes.
To apply for our Youth Club, fill out our Youth Club Volunteer Application [pdf].
One of our "Youth Club" Blog Entry
A big round of applause goes to our youth club this winter! The Youth had a dog wash fundraiser and raised $360.00! The youth club also helped sell booklets for our Carson's fundraiser. We figured out that... (read more)